Workshops & Additional Sessions
Additional workshops and sessions will be offered during the conference.
- Lecture by Dr. Michael Melkers "Treatment Planning & Application for the Everyday Practice" 1/2 day, 5 April. Fee: 100 EUR
Treatment Planning & Application for the Everyday Practice (1/2 day lecture) Treatment planning & occlusion seem to get relegated & put on hold for those ‘special’ cases and perfect patients. In this program we will explore and discuss the application of communication, treatment planning & occlusion in everyday dentistry and beyond. Dr. Melkers will take you on a guided tour of the application of these principles on a variety of cases from a single tooth, quadrant and full mouth, multidisciplinary care. Our goal is to help you implement these skills in your practice.
- Upon completion, the participant shall be able to:appreciate purpose vs process treatment planning as it applies to outcome based treatment planning
- The participant will have a thorough understanding of the beneﬁts of patient centered, doctor facilitated approach to case planning and acceptance
- Learn when, why & how phasing treatment can be done safely
- Lecture by Dr. Michael Melkers "Function, Parafunction & What the Function - Forces that Threaten our Success" 1/2 day, 5 April. Fee: 100 EUR
Failure visits our practices in many forms and on many materials. In this program we will explore the forces that threaten our success and what options we have to address them. Occlusion. It can be one of the driest & most confusing of subjects. It is however one of the most, if not THE most critical aspect of diagnosis and treatment planning when it comes to the longevity of the restorative dentistry that we provide for our patients. During this interactive lecture, Dr. Melkers will guide an exploration and discussion of where we have been as a profession, where we are in our understanding and what mysteries still need to be solved.
- Learn to recognise critical parafunctional red ﬂags and why they matter
- Appreciate the balance between function, parafunction & aesthetics
- Learn realistic management of destructive forces in restorative dentistry
- Simulation Workshops. 2 April, RSU MITC, 14:00–16:00
- Paediatrics and others